1. When I get angry, the main thing I do is
e. throw things.
f. get sarcastic.
2. When I say “Just leave me alone,” I mean it
a. 100 percent of the time.
b. 75 percent of the time.
c. 50 percent of the time.
d. 25 percent of the time.
e. 0 percent of the time.
3. When I get mad at you, I want you to
a. leave me alone to work it out myself.
b. get mad at me too.
c. be rational and not react.
d. hug me.
I hold grudges.
from The Marital Compatibility Test by Susan Adams
1. The main thing I do when I get angry is rant and rave. Before I had kids, I cried. And I rarely cry now. There’s got to be something very multi-layered and historical going on for me to cry from anger. I don’t exactly yell, either. Can we call it raising my voice?
When I really yell, well, that’s rare. If I worry about the neighbors hearing me, then I know I’ve been yelling. And honestly I don’t think that has happened more than five times in ten years.
So that’s good, right? I mean, I should be proud of that. Should I be proud of that?
Back in the day, I did sometimes throw things. Water, out of a glass, for example. And when I was little, I used to throw my stuffed animal. He was a raccoon. Well, he is gone now. Seriously, gone. He’s dead. Probably not even in a landfill. That was a long time ago. I don’t throw things anymore.
And I don’t get sarcastic when I’m mad. I’m too sensitive to be sarcastic. Sarcasm is insensitive. It’s trying to catch someone with his mental/verbal pants down. See how slow you are? That’s what sarcasm is. I don’t do that. Why are people sarcastic? Stop it.
2. Okay, so I never, never want to be left alone when I’m mad. Even if I say LEAVE ME ALONE. Or GO AWAY. GET OUT OF HERE! (etc) Any and all of that, if I say it, it’s absolutely not true. Don’t go anywhere and especially, please, don’t go to sleep.
3. But that doesn’t mean I want you to hug me. That would be dumber than hugging a cactus. A cactus with a gun. You would never do that, right? And I hardly expect you to be rational and not react. What is the point in that? That wouldn’t be a fight. That would make me furious.
What was the other option? Get mad at me, too. Yes, that’s what I want. But not quite as mad as I am.
All right. What else. True or false: I hold grudges.
False. I don’t hold grudges.
If you are interested in colon cleanse, you may want to check out this colon cleanse information page which will have all the free information you'll need about colon cleanse.